Power Delivery Enhancements
1. The ProCool II socket is built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines and have a metal armour for improved heat dissipation. The connector's lower impedance helps prevent hotspots and improves reliability.
2. ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming utilizes 8+2 DrMOS power stages to combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
3. Superior chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures and provide up to 110% better performance than the industry standard.
* L10 bearing life is a standard metric that specifies the number of hours that 90% of the bearing are expected to continue successfully
2. MOS Heatsink with L-shaped Heatpipe : An L-shaped heatpipe allows for rapid and even heat transfer, while the MOS heatsink provides a large contact area for the MOSFETs and chokes. Together with the metal I/O shroud, it covers a third of ROG Strix Z490-I motherboard, giving you effective cooling within the confines of a cramped mini-ITX chassis.
3. Triple-decker Heatsink : The innovative Triple-decker Heatsink comprises of three heatsinks in a single module, with two M.2 heatsinks stacked on top of a PCH heatsink. The Triple-decker Heatsink cleverly maximises motherboard space, and improves airflow to bring M.2 SSD temperatures down by up to 25°C for better stability and performance.
4. Thermal Pads : High-quality thermal pads transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.
Cooler By Design
1. Multiple temperature sources : Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. And all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
2. 4-pin PWM/DC Fan Header : Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
3. AIO Pump Fan Header : A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
4. CPU Fan Header : A dedicated pair of PWM/DC fan headers for CPU coolers.
Double-capacity DIMM Support
Dual PCIe 3.0 M.2
2. Intel 2.5G Ethernet : Onboard 2.5G Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio Link
Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
Undeniably ROG Strix
2. Q-LEDs : Onboard LEDs to indicate the power status, and problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device for quick diagnosis.
3. SafeSlot : The reinforced ASUS SafeSlot provides stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
4. BIOS FlashBack™ : BIOS FlashBack™ is the simplest and safest (UEFI) BIOS update method. Simply drop the (UEFI) BIOS file onto a FAT32 formatted USB stick, plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack™ port and press the button. Updates can even be performed without having memory or a CPU installed.