- Quad-GPU graphics power: Fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports 4-way NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX GPU configurations.
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click, system-wide tuning, delivers optimized overclocking and intelligent cooling for a diverse range of workloads.
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps, via Fan Xpert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI.
- Ultra-efficient VRM heatsink: Metal-fin-array design maximizes surface area for heat dissipation to enable unthrottled performance.
- ASUS Control Center: A software utility that provides convenient, secure and cost-saving centralized IT management for small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Ultra-fast storage: Up to 32Gbps dual M.2 and U.2, plus up to 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Type-A and Type-C ports onboard and a front-panel connector.
The new WS X299 Sage blends tremendous GPU performance with up to Quad-SLI support, server-grade validation, and comprehensive cooling options to deliver the perfect system build for training neural networks and crunching other scalable compute loads. Dual PLX chips extend the number of PCIe lanes to provide additional expansion slots, giving you robust connectivity options to configure your system with the tools you need to get your job done.
WS X299 Sage fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports both NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX 4-way configurations to enable multi-GPU setups that harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies, including NVIDIA Quadro. With performance beyond 15.23 TFLOPS, NVIDIA Quadro is the perfect complement to WS X299 Sage, delivering the best performance for design, modeling, medical research, and processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications.
WS X299 Sage features ASUS Control Center (ACC), a centralized and integrated IT management platform for monitoring and controlling ASUS commercial products, including servers, workstations and digital signage. ACC enables remote BIOS updates, monitoring of multiple systems via mobile devices, and one-click software updates and dispatching, allowing easier server management for any IT infrastructure.
ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your workstation smart. One click takes care of complex tuning, dynamically optimizing essential aspects of the system to provide overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet with everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- Stress test function helps optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controllable graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, EZ and Advanced modes will help you find your way with ease.
With optimized trace paths for time-aligned signaling and minimal crosstalk, third-generation ASUS T-Topology offers enhanced memory stability and compatibility, allowing support for memory speeds of DDR4-4200MHz and beyond.
WS X299 Sage includes a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and BCLK overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from Intel Core X-series processors.
WS X299 Sage features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Designed for the powerful Intel Core X-series processor with up to 18 cores, WS X299 Sage features a capable thermal design to ensure maximum performance with no CPU throttling. Consisting of an ultra-efficient VRM heatsink with a metal fin array design that maximizes surface area for heat dissipation, plus an additional heatsink and connecting heatpipe to further increase cooling performance, this innovative thermal design ensures WS X299 Sage is always ready to handle any task, no matter how demanding.
With its dual PLX chips that increase the number of available PCIe lanes to enable 4-way GPU configurations, WS X299 Sage also features a robust thermal solution to dissipate the heat that comes with routing so much high-speed traffic. An additional heatsink array and heatpipe cover the PLX chips and are positioned in the path of maximum airflow within the chassis, reducing PLX temperatures by up to 20° C to ensure optimal cooling and system stability.
ASUS ProCool is the power connector reinvented. Compared with traditional power connectors, ProCool connectors provide a more secure, low resistance connection, enabling better heat dissipation and improved reliability.
WS X299 Sage features dual onboard M.2 slots, each operating at X4 PCI Express 3.0 to provide an abundant 32Gbps of bandwidth.
Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) obliterates PCH-based RAID arrays that are bottlenecked by the 32Gbps limit of the DMI bus, allowing you to utilize CPU PCIe lanes to configure a bootable RAID array that can transfer data at insane speeds.
The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Simply attach your choice of drive and experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card.
Intel Optane is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by WS X299 Sage. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
WS X299 Sage's front panel USB 3.1 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C ports, you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
For more reliable networking, WS X299 Sage features the latest server-class dual Intel Gigabit LAN ensuring lower CPU utilization and temperatures outstanding performance as well as better support for diverse operating systems. The dual Ethernet ports also support teaming which combines the network links to provide higher throughput or redundancy in case of failure.
WS X299 Sage supports up to 128GB of quad-channel DDR4 RAM to readily handle the larger data sets found in professional workloads. Strict validation with a wide variety of memory types and operating conditions including factors such as time, temperature and voltage ranges ensures that WS X299 Sage provides the reliability and stability professionals depend upon to get their work done.
Intel Core X-Series processors (6 core above): 4-channel (8-DIMM), 44/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes. Intel Core X-Series processors (4 core): 2-channel (4-DIMM), 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
The Intel X299 chipset supports LGA 2066-socket Intel Core X-series processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X299 provides a maximum 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 8 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval.
- Quad-GPU graphics power: Fits up to four dual-slot graphics cards and supports 4-way NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX GPU configurations
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click, system-wide tuning, delivers optimized overclocking and intelligent cooling for a diverse range of workloads
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps, via Fan Xpert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI
- Ultra-efficient VRM heatsink: Metal-fin-array design maximizes surface area for heat dissipation to enable unthrottled performance
- ASUS Control Center: A software utility that provides convenient, secure and cost-saving centralized IT management for small- and medium-sized businesses
- Ultra-fast storage: Up to 32Gbps dual M.2 and U.2, plus up to 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Type-A and Type-C ports onboard and a front-panel connector
|Model||WS X299 SAGE|