DURABLE. STABLE. RELIABLE.
When you build with a TUF Gaming motherboard, you also benefit from the TUF Gaming Alliance — an ASUS collaboration with trusted industry partners that ensures easier building, best compatibility, and complementary aesthetics from components to case.
1. DrMOS : The onboard VRM of TUF Gaming B550M-Plus utilises 8+2 DrMOS power stages that combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and driver into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors demand.
2. Stack Cool 3+ : 2-ounce copper layers draw heat away from critical components to keep them at their optimal operating temperatures and provide more headroom to push CPUs beyond stock speeds.
3. ProCool Connector : Compared with traditional power inputs, ProCool sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with PSU power lines. The resulting lower impedance helps to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
4. TUF Components : Certified military-grade TUF chokes deliver rock-steady power to the CPU, improving system stability.
5. Digi+ VRM : The integrated Digi+ VRM voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultra-smooth and ultra-clean power delivery to the CPU at all times.
Cooler by Design
1. Thermal pad : High-quality thermal pads help transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.
2. M.2 Heatsink : The M.2 heatsink keeps the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
AI NOISE-CANCELLING MICROPHONE
*Testing configuration: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x; Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING; Graphics card: NVIDIA RTX 2060-O6G; DRAM: Hynix 2666 16GB; Power: Seasonic 430W; HDD: Seagate M.2 NVME 2TB; Cooling: Enermax T.B.APOLLISH; Voice Communication App: Discord (In-app noise cancelling effects disabled) ; Background noise: Keyboard typing, mouse clicking, people talking, and music playing
*Actual performance varies by configuration
Exclusive Realtek S1200A codec
DTS® Custom for gaming headsets
PCIe 4.0 M.2 (up to 64 Gbps)
*Actual transmission speed will be lower than theoretical maximum speed.
**The M.2_1 supports PCIe 4.0 and the M.2_2 supports PCIe 3.0.
USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C
Outshine the Competition
2. ESD Guards : ESD Guards prolong the life of components while preventing damage from electrostatic discharge, providing protection for up to +/- 10 kV of air discharge and +/- 6 kV of contact discharge — greatly surpassing the respective industry standards of +/- 6 kV and +/- 4 kV.
3. TUF LANGuard : TUF LANGuard is a military-grade innovation that integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput, protecting the motherboard from lightning strikes and static electricity.
4. DRAM overvoltage protection : Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
5. Stainless-steel back I/O panel : TUF Gaming motherboards have a corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panel bonded with chromium oxide to provide a 3X-longer lifespan versus traditional panels.